Saturday, August 30, 2008

Turkey Shoot 9

Turkey Shoot
Susie Owens
Feedback 1
Thank you Huffy for helping me
BA shook his head and went to the front of the prison van. Murdock
climbed in the back. Hannibal had somehow gotten Face off of him and
was now sitting up, holding him against his body to keep Face from
falling. Murdock sat down and quietly took Face into his own arms.



"How bad do you think he was drugged?" the pilot asked, not really
looking at Hannibal.



"Well he kept going in and out, but I don't believe they intended to
kill him." Hannibal now looked at Murdock. "Murdock, I hope you
don't think that...."



Murdock shook his head. "No. Don't say it Hannibal. I know Face, and
he would never betray me - unless he had to for the good of the
team." Murdock stroked Face's hair and Face let out a pleasurable
sigh.



The prison van suddenly stopped, and they heard BA getting out. They
looked at each other and wondered what was going on. Murdock gently
laid Face down and handed Hannibal's gun to him. He grabbed his own
gun as Hannibal slowly opened the door. There stood BA with his hands
up, while one of Miller's sons, along with a young girl, pointed a
gun at BA. Neither one of the strangers noticed Hannibal and
Murdock. Hannibal motioned for Murdock to get out, sneak up on them,
and disarm the boy. Murdock nodded and quietly got out of the van and
came up on them both. He quickly placed his gun against the boy's
back.



"Now - nice and easy - place your weapon on the ground." he hissed.



The boy slowly did what he was told. "Hey it's okay; we're here to
help."



Murdock kicked the gun away from the boy. "Then why are you pointing
a gun at my big friend here?"



"Because he is big! That's why Jim is pointing his gun at him. We're
afraid for our lives." the girl answered.



"You don't need to be afraid of me little Momma. I ain't gonna hurt
you." BA said calmly.



"I'm not little and I sure ain't your momma." The girl said.



Hannibal came around the van and picked up the gun. "BA, how could
you let your guard down like that?" he asked.



BA gave Hannibal a hard look. "Hannibal, I don't need you getting on
your high horse with me. That young lady was lying in the middle of
the road and I was not about to run over her."



Hannibal ignored BA and looked at the boy and girl. "Aren't you one
of Miller's sons?" he asked the boy.



"Yeah. My name is Jim and this is my niece Suzy. She's the one who
helped drug your friend."



"I was only doing what Granddaddy told me to do."



Jim slowly reached in to his pocket. "I got the antidote."



Murdock quickly took the bottle and stared at it. "How do we know
this isn't a trap?"



"You don't."



Hannibal took the bottle from Murdock. "How does this work?"



"You give it to him, and in about 30 minutes he will be fine."



"BA, watch those two. Murdock, come with me."



As they were walking back to the van, Hannibal cleared his voice
before he spoke. "Murdock, I think you shouldn't tell Face what he
did."



"Hannibal. What if he asks me?"



"I doubt if he will even remember, but if he does then the choice is
yours - just think about it."



Murdock nodded his head. Once they were back with Face, Hannibal
raised his head to give him the antidote.



"Hannibal?"



"Don't worry Murdock I'm not going to give this to Face till we check
it out. You stay with Face while I get the others."



Hannibal got up while Murdock took his place by Face who was now
asleep.



"You're going to be fine Face."



Murdock watched as they all climbed back inside except Hannibal, and
BA, who was again driving the van.



"We need to get to ma van Hannibal."



"I know BA but we got to make sure we don't run into Decker as well."



"Hannibal please."



"Sorry BA."



BA only growled. Hannibal smiled and pinched his cheek. "You know BA,
I love it when you growl."



"Why were you letting Face kiss you?"



"He thought I was Murdock, there was nothing more to it."



BA nodded .He then spotted his van. He parked the other van by it and
got out of the prison van. "Hannibal, go get the others and let's get
Face some help."




**********************************************************************
*******************



The black van pulled into the emergency parking lot. BA got out and
ran around to Face. "Let me have him Murdock."



Murdock nodded his head as BA took Face and went inside with him. A
gurney was taken right to him. "What happened?" asked a nurse.



"He's been given some kind of a drug." Hannibal told her.



"Quickly get him to room 3. We need to take a blood test to see what
kind of a drug was taken."



"Not taken." Murdock said sternly, "given ."



"Yes, of course, given." The nurse said.



Hannibal reached into his pocket and gave her a bottle. "This may or
may not be the antidote . I didn't want to give it to him until I was
sure."



The nurse took it without another word.



A few hours later a doctor came out to them. "Your friend is going to
be fine. It was a good thing you had that antidote or he would've
died."



"It was that bad?" Murdock asked.



"Oh yes. This drug first makes you sleep, then you become like you're
drunk, then you sleep again. Without the antidote, you die."



"Thank you Doctor. May we see him?" Hannibal asked.



"Only for a minute, then he needs to rest."

No comments: