Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Turkey Shoot Rated PG13

Title: The Turkey Shoot 1/?

Status: Draft 1

Author: Susie Owens

Warnings: There a death but not a major person

Feedback levels 2

Feedback requests: I want to know if this works for you or did I get
carried away with Face's scam? I want to be different to be creative.

Author's notes: I want to thank Huffy for beta reading this story and
I want to finsihed it . So if I need pushing . Pleas feel free to
push. This is part one but part two is also ready. If you would like
to see more



The Turkey Shoot

Jim Chance and his daughter Dawn were driving down the road in
his old
sedan. They were on their way to speak Dawn 's boyfriend, the
Sheriff,
because Russell Miller and his sons had been hunting illegally
on their
land again. As they were heading down Route 45, a black pick-up
truck
suddenly appeared.
"Gosh dad, it's Russell Miller and his sons,” Dawn told her
father.
"I see them. Hold on. I'm going to try and loose them."
Jim pushed down on the accelerator pedal to gain more speed,
but the truck
was coming closer and closer to them.
Luke Miller, one of Russell 's sons, stuck his head out from
the back
window and yelled; "You ain't getting away us, that easy,
Chance. My
family and I plan to stop you and your daughter real good.
Don't we boys?"

The others laughed and hollered as their truck slammed into the
sedan,
sending it spinning out of control. It hit the railing
alongside the road
and crashed through it, sending the sedan rolling down the
steep incline
and landing on its hood at the bottom of the ravine. The
Millers got out
of their truck to take a look. All they could see was smoke.
"Well, boys. It's looks like Jim and Dawn Chance won't be
telling anyone,
anything now. Let's head back to town. I sure could use a
beer." Russell said as he headed back to the truck..

Simon Master stood on the pier looking out at the ocean. He was
tired and
miserable. It had been raining all day; and to make matters
worse he had
been on a wild goose chase in search of the A-Team. He had been
told to go
see Mr. Lee at the Chinese Laundromat, where he waited for
almost an hour
before Mr. Lee told him to go Central Park, where he would find
a hotdog
man. The man then told him to go to the pier and wait. Simon
had been
waiting for seven hours and still no one came. All he had seen
so far was
an old lady walking up and down the pier muttering to herself
about the
weather. He was just about to give up and leave when she
approached him.

"Hey. Sonny? Would you help an old lady?"

"I'm kind of waiting for someone."

But it will only take a minute of your time. I lost my poor
Pokies and I
can't fine her anywhere. She's my baby. My poor, poor Pokies
out there all
alone in this great big world."


She suddenly grabbed Simon by the collar.

"Please help me fine my Pokies."

Then she began to cry. Simon patted her on her back, he didn't
know what
else to do. Maybe he should help her, he thought, after all no
one had
shown up. "Okay .I will help you."

"Thank you, young man. I think Pokies is somewhere over in this
direction." She pointed towards the beach houses

" What kind of animal is Pokies?"

"Oh Pokies a snake."

Simon winced, he hated snakes but he followed her anyway. They
walked
toward the beach houses. Simon had to run to keep up with the
old lady,
and he was surprised how fast she moved. 'Must keep in good
shape.' he
thought. As he came nearer to the beach houses, he saw the old
lady going
up the stone stairs that led to a small beach house. Simon
began to
follow. Suddenly he heard a hissing sound. He stopped in his
tracks. He
looked down to see a snake coiled up.

"Hey I found your snake," he called up to the old lady.

Simon suddenly felt something hard press against his back. It
didn't take
a genius to know that it was a gun.

"You're trespassing."

"I was just helping some old lady find her snake."

"That old lady just happens to be my sweet Nana. Come on we'll
see if she
asked you to help her find Pokies."

Simon had no choice but to got with the stranger. He had a gun
and Simon
had no weapons. 'Big mistake,' he thought, 'Now I'm going to
die.' Once
inside the beach house Simon was surprised when he was suddenly
grabbed,
this time by a large man.

"Easy BA. I already checked him over. He's not packing."

"What going on here?"

The old lady took off her wig, then took out a cigar and placed
it in her
mouth.


"You must be Simon Masters, sheriff of Golden Nugget. I'm
Hannibal Smith.
This here is Face." Pointing to the man that Simon had met at
gunpoint.
"The man who grabbed you is BA." Simon stared at the big man
cover in
gold. BA growled at him.


"Sorry for the cloak and dagger. Mr. Masters, but you work for
the law and
we don't always get along with the law."

"I know. I read the papers. But I also heard from a friend that
you are
good at what you do and I need your help. "

"You're the law. Why do you need our help?"

"My girl friend and her father were run off the road. He was
killed and
she's in the hospital. Our mayor, Bill Davis, told me to forget
about it.
It was just an accident. But I know better. The Miller's had
been after
Jim Chance to sell his land to them. I'm not sure if that why
they killed
him but I'm betting on it."

"Do you have proof?"

"No just a gut feeling."

"That's good enough for me. Face go spring Murdock, and use the
new
disguise."

"Aw Hannibal do I have too?"

"It will be fun."

"Says you."

BA had been quiet during the whole thing until now. "We don't
need that
fool. We don't have to fly. Golden Nugget is only three hours
away."

"But we may need the extra manpower. Face go and get Murdock."
Everyone in The VA stared as the big buxom lady moving down the
hallway
towards the main desk. She was dressed in a long white gown
that was
clinging around her legs and she was wearing a white Sable
shawl around
her shoulder. She also wore a wide brimmed hat to top it off.
She walked
up to the desk and smiled at the male nurse.

"Hi good lookin, ` is HM ready to go?"

"Excuse me?"

" Humph. A girl asks a question and all she gets back is
an 'excuse me'. I
asked you if HM was ready?"


"Ready? Ready for what?"


"The talent show. My women's club is having one and that good
Doctor
Richter gave him a weekend pass to go. You see we're going to
be doing a
skit together, a little verse of "My Little Chickadee." I'm Mae
West and
he's going to be WC Fields."


The male nurse looked through all the weekend passes, but found
none for
Murdock "I'm sorry there doesn't seem to be anything here about
it."


"It has to be there. Why don't you give it another look see?"

"They maybe stored in the other room. I'll go take a look."


The male nurse headed into another small room and while he was
gone, Mae
West quickly placed a pass in with the stacks of passes. The
male nurse
came back in.


"I'm sorry, Miss?"


"My friends call me Mae...Please look again, maybe you missed
it."


He nodded his head and searched again.


"Well I'll be darned. Here it is right under my nose. I guess
it must have
gotten caught between the other passes. Captain Murdock is in
his room.
I'll take you to him. "


Mae West AKA Face followed the male nurse down the hallway
towards
Murdock's room. When they entered Murdock was on the floor
looking under
the bed.

"Now Billy, You come out from under there this instant. How
many times do
I have to tell you, black cats are not bad luck?"

The male nurse made an excuse me sound with his voice and
Murdock looked
up.
He stared at the male nurse and then at Mae West, was that
Face? How in
the world did he get talked into wearing that? Oh Hannibal most
likely. He
placed his hand on his mouth to suppress a giggle. Face noticed
it and
acted quickly.

"Mr. Murdock. I told you the skit was today. You're not even
ready. How
can we do "My little Chickadee" if you're not ready?"

Murdock spoke in his best WC Fields' voice “Ah my little
chickadee. My
mind must be slipping I thought it was tomorrow night."

"Well big boy it's today. Your outfit is in the show van. Mr. B
doesn't
like to be kept waiting."

Murdock got off the floor and took Mae West's hand. "Well then
my little
chickadee shall we go? Art beckons” Moments later they were
both in the
van where Murdock lost control and began laughing.

" Murdock knock it off. Hannibal I need to get out of this
outfit. I look
ridiculous."

"Face you look so much like Mae West. But you forgot one
important
detail."

" What? What did I forget Murdock? Tell me."

Murdock leaned over to Face and said in his best Mae West
voice. "Won't
you come up and see me some time, big boy?"

Face pushed Murdock away. "Hannibal!"

"Keep your shirt, I mean dress on Lieutenant until we're at
someplace
where I can think out a plan and you can change your clothes."

Face tried to sit back but it was impossible in the dress. The
rest of the
men giggled a bit.

Russell Miller was pacing the floor of his ranch house located
twelve
miles from Golden Nugget. He now turned to his youngest and
oldest sons.
"Now are you boys sure you saw Masters coming into town with
strangers?"

"We sure did Pa.," answered Skeeter the youngest. "Didn't we
Luke?"

Luke who was sitting on the arm of sofa stood up. "We did Pa,
four of
them. They look like they could be a lot of trouble, Pa. "

"Yeah. Pa. One guy is huge Pa."

"So Masters brought in help did he? Well I think we can handle
any help
Masters brings in, where are your brothers?"

"Upstairs." replied Luke.

"Jim, Bob,"

"Yeah Pa?" Jim answered for both of the twins.

"Get down here. It seems like Sheriff Masters has brought four
strangers
to Golden Nugget and as citizens I think we should welcome
them."

No comments: