Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Shoot 10

Part 10

Hannibal turned to Murdock. "Murdock, you go in and see Face,
tell
him we'll see him later. BA and I have got some guys to put to
bed."

BA shook his fist. "I'll put them to bed all right. I'll tuck
them in
so tight, it'll be years before they see the light of day."

Murdock slowly entered the room. He looked around before
looking
towards Face. He noticed that Face was awake but looked pale.
He
swallowed and walked over to his lover.

"Hey. Face."

Face gave Murdock a weak smile and spoke in a low voice. "Hey
Murdock."

Murdock pulled up a chair and took Face's hand. "I'm so glad
you're
okay. "

Face nodded his head, "Murdock?"

"What Face?"

"The only thing that helped me, was that whenever I could
sleep; I
always dreamt of you. The last dream felt so real."

Murdock squeezed Face's hand, but said nothing.

Face gave a small smile and went on, "I was kissing you and
called
you by your pet name."

"Face. Did we have sex?"

Face shook his head "No. I was just kissing you. I was so happy
you
were there."

Murdock shook his head to keep the tears from falling.

"Murdock?"

"Yes my love?"

"Shut-up and kiss me for real."

Murdock closed the curtain and leaned down towards Face. They
began
to kiss.

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *********
*********
****
************ ********* ****

As Hannibal and BA were coming out of the hospital, they saw
Simon
Masters waiting for them.

"So how's your friend going to be?"

"He's going to be fine, Sheriff. Are Jim and his niece Suzy
still
waiting in your office?" Hannibal asked.

"Yeah. Do you mind telling me what's going on?"

"You hired us to find proof that Miller had something to do
with
Chances' death; and that's what we're doing," Hannibal answered
as he
lit his cigar.

Masters nodded, "Yeah. they're waiting in my office. That girl
is
really something."

"Yeah," Hannibal replied, "but she's young and can change."

The sheriff got into his car, while Hannibal and BA followed in
the
van.

Suzy was pacing back and forth, like a wild animal trapped in a
cage
too small, as Jim watched sympathetically.

"Suzy gal, will you stop all ready? You're going to put a hole
in the
sheriff's floor."

Suzy raised her hands in the air and faced her uncle; her eyes
had a
blaze in them that would frighten any grown man, except her
uncle
Jim.

"Stop it! You want me to stop pacing! We're in the hoot gal and
you
want me to stop! Grandpapa and my papa ain't going to like
this!
We're with their enemies!"

Jim quickly got up and grabbed his niece and pinned her arms
down. "Listen to yourself Suzy!, Sheriff Masters and these guys
aren't the enemy." He took a deep breath, then held her at arms
length so that he could look in her eyes. "Now you need to stop
acting like a spoiled brat and start acting like the woman you
are."

"He's giving you good advice Little Mama."

Suzy pulled away from her uncle and rushed at BA. "Don't called
me
that! I ain't your mama and I never will be a mama!"

Suddenly Suzy started crying, BA pulled her against his chest
and
stoke her hair. "It's okay I'm sorry."

Suzy pulled away. "It's okay. You didn't know."

Hannibal waited to make sure the girl was okay before turning
to
Jim. "So is there another way into that tunnel?"

Jim shook his head. "If there is, I don't know about it."

"I know another way in and I will take you there-- if you
promise no
harm will come to my family." Suzy said.

Masters went over to her. "Suzy, I promise I'll do my best."

She nodded "Then come on."

Hannibal turned to BA, "Go with them. I'm going to check on
Murdock
and Face."

BA nodded and followed the rest out.

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *********
*********
****
************ ********* ******

Murdock 's tongue was reaching into Face's mouth when the nurse
pulled back the curtain. "What is going on here?"

Murdock looked up at her. "I'm giving this patient some tender
loving
care."

"Get off of that man this instant! This is a hospital, not a
cheap
motel!"

Face was now looking at the enraged nurse. "Please I would
never
bring my love to a cheap motel."

The nurse slapped Murdock on his rump. "Get off I said."

Murdock quickly got off. She then looked at Face. "The doctor
will be
in to see you."

Murdock waited for her to leave, and then looked at Face. "Did
you see?
that?'

"Yeah, she slapped you on your rear. You must've been a bad
boy."

Face and Murdock started laughing.

"Well I see you are much better." The doctor said as he came
into the
room.

"I feel fine."

"Well the drug is out of your system and all of your blood
tests came
back normal. If you're up to it, I can discharge you."

Face looked at Murdock and mouthed "Drug?"

Murdock mouthed back, "I'll tell you later."

Face nodded and looks back at the doctor. "I'm up to it. I want
out"

"Good. I'll have the papers ready now. I figured as much. The
nurse
will be back to help and, please guys, don't get her riled
again."

"We'll try not to," Murdock replied.

After the doctor left, Face turned to Murdock. "This drug. Did
it
almost kill me?"

Murdock nodded.

"Did this drug make me see things?"

Again Murdock nodded.

Face turned away. "Then it wasn't a dream. I was really kissing
someone. Was it you I was kissing?' Face turned back to see
Murdock
shake his head no.

"Then who was it?"

Murdock swallowed and said in a small voice."Hannibal"

No comments: