Saturday, August 2, 2008

Turkey Shoot 7

Face watched as Miller walked away and a young girl, he guessed to be about 17,
came in. She slowly placed a bowl of watered down soup in his hands.

"My granddaddy said you got to eat this. Then afterwards my daddy will come and
get you."

Face smiled at her, hoping to win her over. "You're Suzy? You're a mighty pretty
young girl."

"Stop right there you fast talkin' skunk. My granddaddy warned me you would try
to sweet talk me. Well I got news for you: I ain't stupid . Now you eat your
soup before I pour it down your throat."

Face stared at her and thought to himself: You're going to be hard Suzy - but I
like a challenge. He took the bowl, raised it to his lips, and took a drink.
"Hum - just like my mom used to make."

Suzy gave him a tad of a smile. "Hurry up and eat, that guy from the army will
be here soon."

Face finished the rest of the soup. He then started to feel sleepy. Nice going
Peck! he thought just before he passed out. Suzy looked down at him to make sure
he was asleep . She left and found her family waiting for her. Miller walked
over to her. placing his arm around her shoulders.

"Did he eat it all girl?"

"Yes, Granddaddy."

"Good girl. Now you've done your job. You head on back home."

Suzy smiled after giving him a kiss on the cheek. Russell watched to make sure
Suzy left safely. Russell turned back to his sons. "Luke - you and Bob go and
meet Decker. Skeeter - you and Jim take Peck to the house. Make sure he's awake
when we come with Decker."

They all nodded and left. Luke and Bob in a green rust color truck, Skeeter and
Jim in a blue Buick. Russell lit himself a cigarette and then left in a red
silver truck
*****
Murdock paced the floor of Simon Masters' office like a trapped puma. Masters
looked up from his map, then at Hannibal. Hannibal nodded fully understanding.
Murdock was making Masters a little nervous.

"Murdock - either sit down or come over and help."

Murdock stop and came over. "Sorry, Hannibal. I'm just worried."

"I know, but it won't help Face. Masters told us that he believes there was an
underground tunnel made by the army during the sixties. He's trying to find the
location on the map. Once he does I want you and BA to head out that way and see
if you can find it."

Masters walked up to them. "I think I found it; but it's been closed off for
years. There's no way to get to it."

Hannibal took a drag of his cigar. "Well then I guess we'll just have to find a
way. "

"Hannibal," came BA's voice by the door. "We got company."

Hannibal and Masters went to the door. Decker was heading right towards them.

"Now isn't that just great, that's all we need - Decker in the picture. BA,
Murdock get going. I'll stall Decker." Hannibal told them, they left just before
Decker walked in.

"Hey Decker! Fancy meeting you here. Small world."

"I got you this time Smith. Now where's Baracus?"

"I have no idea. What? You're not asking about Peck?"

Decker gave Hannibal a snake like smile. "I already have Peck and now I've got
you." He turned to Captain Crane, "Handcuff Smith and remember he's sneaky.
Then, I want Baracus found .If Captain Murdock is with him, bust his ass as
well."

No comments: